Monday 18 May 2009

More about beautiful Cornwall.....

Wow.....it's been a busy week since I was in Cornwall strolling on the beach in the sunshine, the sand between my toes and thanking my lucky stars for such a fantastic job as a wedding photographer. More on the last week shortly but firstly down to the important stuff....Clare and Richard's beautiful wedding.

The first time I spoke to Clare, what hit me most, was how clear she was about the type of wedding they wanted. Both her and Richard were unfalteringly passionate about having a intimate affair that was simple but yet beautiful. And when we met (over a glass of bubbles!) a few weeks before the wedding they still hadn't been swept away by all the 'added extras'. They had planned their wedding in just a few months and had decided to focus on only the things that were important to them....and thank goodness wedding photography was one of them. They had searched long and hard for the right person and by complete luck had been recommended to me....I'm so happy they were!

Clare & Richard chose the stunning setting of The Tresanton Hotel, St Mawes for their Cornish wedding and it was THE perfect location. Nestling on the hill, overlooking the sea and the lighthouse they had stumbled across it a year or so before on the fabulous 'Mr & Mrs Smith' web-site. Having fallen in love with it it seemed a perfect choice for their big (or small!) day. I have to say I love venues that just 'know' how to do weddings, pay attention to the little details and have excellent service and Lucinda and her team couldn't have done anything more.

They had an understated 'British' theme flowing through their wedding with a focus on locally sourced food and drink....even the champagne was from the Camel Valley in Cornwall and Duchy Apple Refresher for any non-drinkers....yummy! Each of the 12 family and friends they shared their day with had a special place in their heart and made it a day to remember for everyone.

Although there wasn't lots of fuss and frills (Clare hadn't even thought about what she was going to wear in her hair!!) the day was gorgeous. It was intimate, simple, beautiful.....and perfect.

Venetia xx

P.S Clare and Richard....thank you for letting me be a part of your wonderful wedding. You and your family and friends really made me feel so much like a guest I was so sad to leave you all. I hope you had a fabulous few days in Cornwall and I can't wait to meet up again for more bubbles and to look through all the photographs!

Clare chose some beautiful pearls to accessorize her simple yet elegant dress.....






Her something 'borrowed' and 'blue' was the garter her Mum wore on her wedding day.....I couldn't resist putting in here....!



The roses were interlaced with gorgeous scented Lily of the Valley....



And this theme was brought into the chairs for the ceremony....



The room had a beautiful dressing room for Clare to get ready in.....



Under the careful watch of her gorgeous neice and bridesmaid, Elise.....






I couldn't resist capturing a photograph of this moment....



The room had the most gorgeous window-seats....perfect for photography....


Richard still managed to look very relaxed (& very handsome) in the moment leading up to the ceremony.....



Clare loves elephants and so he'd chosen a special tie just for her......how thoughtful......

I love this photograph 'peeping' through the door.....

How's that for a face full of love?!



John, their nephew, played a very important role as ring-bearer.....





The cake was beautiful.....


And the Cornish pottery egg-cups made beautiful favours......



While all their guests were happy sipping champagne we nipped off for a few moments to capture some shots of the two of them.....


Under the careful watch of Elise. We became firm friends by the end of the day and I'm sure I may have some competition in the future! Thank you for all your help, Elise, you were the perfect helper for a wedding photographer.....send me that picture and I promise I'll put it on my blog. x





And a few more of Clare.....!




No comments: