Friday 8 May 2009

The luckiest girl in the world......

Today I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

I'm in a gorgeous little fishing village near Penzance in Cornwall, staying in a beautiful little hotel overlooking the sea as I type and to top it all I've got a wedding to photograph this afternoon! I've travelled to St Mawes to photograph the wedding of Clare and Richard who chose the Tresanton Hotel as their wedding venue because not only the hotel was beautiful but so was the setting....they were so right....it's gorgeous here!

Yesterday we met up to have a look round the hotel and then headed off to the beach and St Mawes Castle to do some pre-wedding photographs. I spent the rest of the day mooching around on the beach and just 'feeling' the place they'd chosen....it's a small piece of heaven!

I watched the boats bringing their 'catch of the day' in and being a seafood fan headed out to 'find me some of that'! And who did I bump into....Clare and Richard! They invited me to join them and we spent a wonderful evening eating fresh Cornish scallops and drinking a glass of something cool (only the one for me of course....I have an important job to do today!!) It was a great honour to spend their 'last night of freedom' with them and I hope it says a lot about how they feel about their choice of wedding photographer.

I've also got a double whammy this weekend as when I'm done tonight I'm heading back up the M5/M6 to Warrington (yes, you heard right!) as I'm photographing the wedding of Hannah & Phil. Hannah is the sister of Emily, whose wedding I photographed nearly 3 years ago now, so it will be lovely to catch up with old friends.

Wedding photography is never a chore and always a pleasure and this weekend makes me realise how very lucky I am.....

Venetia xxx









































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful setting and a beautiful couple. Can't wait to see the wedding photos. Have a fabulous time and a very happy life together.

Lots of love from Mandy and Sam from Bristol