Sunday 29 March 2009

James & Susie's Wedding

I had the unexpected pleasure last week of photographing the wedding of Susie & James in Broadway, the Cotswolds. I hadn't planned on being their wedding photographer but unfortunately the local photographer they had chosen was taken ill and couldn't photograph it.


Being a social kind of a girl I have a close network of other photographers which is perfect if, fingers crossed, you ever get taken ill....and also great for helping others out too! A lot of us photographers have very high standards and it's always a great honour to be 'the chosen one' from the many photographers out there....:-)


It was a bit of a rush getting everything organised as I only found out two days before their wedding and Susie & James weren't even in the country at this point! They live in Boston, USA and were only due to arrive two days before the wedding....poor Susie had to do everything from the States previous to that. I think it's really important to meet couples before their wedding and luckily Susie & James were able to come to the studio and meet me the day before the wedding to run through all the plans.


Despite the 'gods' conspiring against Susie & James in more ways than one, they had a wonderful day in beautiful surroundings and it was a great pleasure to be there to capture it for them.


It was truly lovely to meet both of you and I hope I have captured your day as you wanted.


Venetia xx



Susie's dress travelled all the way from the States too!





As did the beautiful, but apparently painful (!) shoes.....





Susie's flowers were beautiful too......such a pretty colour.




Susie looked so beautiful and radiant........

And James was very handsome and calm........



Susie & James decided to meet before the wedding (which was a fantastic opportunity for some photographs) and then walk to the church together. They attracted a lot of attention in the town....


They then walked back in the beautiful Spring sunshine with all their guests in tow.....no wonder the shoes hurt!


Once back at the hotel we then left all the guests inside with drinks and nibbles and went out into the 'secret garden' I'd found for a few initimate pictures of the two of them......

I love this one......


And a couple of the stunning Susie on her own.....

And I think this has to be my absolute favourite....

No comments: